Aug 27 2015
One of the major changes in iMessage is the way that you delete individual text messages. In the past you would have to hit the edit button on the top right hand side. This would then allow you to select the messages you wanted to delete. That process has now changed so we thought we would create a tutorial on how to do it now with the new system.
How to Delete iMessages in iOS 8
- Tap on the messages icon to launch the messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Move to the conversation in which you want to delete a message in.
- Hold down or double tap on the one you want to delete.
- Tap on the “More” part of the menu that pops up.
- That message you double tapped on will now be selected. From here you can also tick off any and all messages in that list that you would like to delete.
- Once you have them selected tap the trash icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Delete Messages” to physically delete the ones you had selected.
There is one last thing that you should keep in mind when deleting text messages like this. This will only delete them on the device you are currently on. So if you have an iPad, iPod or Mac you will also have to go to those and do the same thing on those. We will update this in the future if this ever changes, but as of right now it does not delete on every device at once.