Sep 21 2015
In iOS 9 Apple has introduced content or ad blocking into the operating system. Now the app store will have applications that will let iPhone, iPod and iPad owners block ads, content and other stuff that can really slow down your browsing experience.
Many developers have been in the background developing these iPhone and iPad ad blocking tools and letting the beta testers test them. Because of that many of them have already released their apps into the app store. So we are going to go over how to enable the ad blockers now and which ones are already out there on the market.
Steps to enable Ad Blocker on your iPhone & iPad
- Make sure you download the ad blocker from the app store.
- Go to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers
- If you have downloaded one already you just need to toggle the switch.
Which iPhones and iPads can use ad blocking?
These can only be used in Safari. You are also going to need a device that runs on the 64-bit processor to be able to handle all of the background work. Here is a list of the apple devices that are support.
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPod Touch 6
Blocking Ads is great thing for many sites. However, there are some sites out there that we all love and that is how they make money. So if you want to support your favorite site this is how you can whitelist them so you will only see their ads.
- Go to Safari and type in and go to the page that you want to whitelist. Simply tap on the share button. It’s the little one in the middle that is square with an arrow pointing up.
- Once, you are on that menu click on the more menu that has three little dots.
- From here you will see a toggle for that ad blocker that you have enabled for white listing sites. Tap this toggle to on and you have just white listed that site so you will be able to support them be viewing their ads.
Here is a video to show you guys how much faster it can be with ads blocked.
List of iPhone and iPad ad blockers
- Ad-Blocker for Safari
- Ad Block Multi
- Hide and Seek
- Just Content
- Purify – Our guide on how to install and use Purify
- Safari Blocker
- Vivio AdBlocker
Let us know below which ones are your favorite. Also, which sites provide you with so much value that they just may get on your shitelist?